FutureWrap repairs can be applied to long lengths of Pipeline (including straights, bends and tees). The design for pipelines is to strengthen the pipeline due to wall loss. Usually in the design, account is taken of the remaining wall thickness, i.e. the design load is shared between the composite repair and the pipeline. Often lengths of these repairs can be several meters long. There is no length limit of a FutureWrap repair. However, in some instances - for example 6 o’clock corrosion - the repair has to be designed to seal as well as strengthen. In this case, the design of the repair is based on sealing an axial slot defect. Also, FutureWrap can repair pipelines that have suffered corrosion due to high humidity and/or mechanical damage, e.g. dents.
FutureWrap LT and HT are suitable for the repair of internal, external corrosion, through wall defects, pitting, dents, cracks and full circumferential separation.
The range of FutureWrap repairs has been developed to optimise performance (maximum pressure, maximum and minimum temperature and also chemical resistance) and with the ease of installation.
Engineered Composite Solutions undertakes repairwork using FutureWeap internationally.
Please get in touch for more information.
Features & Benefits:
- Can be applied to live lines resulting in no need for shutdown
- Requires no hot work permit
- Cost-effective and state of the art composites
- Corrosion resistant resulting in no maintenance requirements
- High temperature and chemical resistant
- High adhesion quality
- Speedy and cost-effective repair solution versus replacement
- Requires minimal onsite facilities
- Hand applied, flexibility of application
- Industry renowned technical support by Professor Simon Frost
- Can be applied in confined spaces
- Can be applied my means of rope access
- Only damaged areas required to be repaired
- Lightweight - ease of handling and transportation
- ECS and FutureWrap are committed and are at the forefront of composite innovations
- All FutureWrap repairs are tested and designed to ISO24817
- ECS can mobilise a fully independent team – no need for platform assistance
- ECS 24hr emergency response team
- 24/7 operational and technical support
- ECS warranty for up to 20 years
Please contact us for more information.