High Impact Deck Areas
FutureWrap repairs can be applied to both decks and roofs. In terms of the design of the repair, not only is the requirement to strengthen the damaged or corroded deck or roof, but there is also a requirement for damage tolerance to dropped objects i.e. containers. Often this latter requirement governs the repair design.
For High impact deck areas –we use our FutureWrap HIDR system. The design of a deck repair which can suffer from high third-party impacts involves three calculations. One is a plate bending design calculation to ensure that the strength of the repaired corroded deck is sufficient to withstand the applied deck load. Another is to calculate the maximum impact energy the repaired deck can withstand. The final calculation is an adhesion calculation to ensure that the repair will not disbond.
The FutureWrap HIDR repair system has the ability to remove any bowing that may have occurred over time and displaces any ponding water. A FutureWrap rubber toughened epoxy is then applied to provide damage tolerance and a final anti-slip coating. There is no limit to the area of repair.
Features & Benefits:
- Can be applied to live lines resulting in no need for shutdown
- Requires no hot work permit
- Cost-effective and state of the art composites
- Corrosion resistant resulting in no maintenance requirements
- High temperature and chemical resistant
- High adhesion quality
- Speedy and cost-effective repair solution versus replacement
- Requires minimal onsite facilities
- Hand applied, flexibility of application
- Industry renowned technical support by Professor Simon Frost
- Can be applied in confined spaces
- Can be applied my means of rope access
- Only damaged areas required to be repaired
- Lightweight - ease of handling and transportation
- ECS and FutureWrap are committed and are at the forefront of composite innovations
- All FutureWrap repairs are tested and designed to ISO24817
- ECS can mobilise a fully independent team – no need for platform assistance
- ECS 24hr emergency response team
- 24/7 operational and technical support
- ECS warranty for up to 20 years
Please contact us for more information.