Engineered Composite Solutions understands the shift from oil and gas to greener renewable energy, as well as the challenges the renewables sector faces. As the renewable sector grows, so does the need for maintenance and prevention of pipework and equipment.
The primary application for FutureWrap repairs in renewables is for wind turbine blades. FutureWrap offers solutions for both damage to the leading edge (e.g. impacts) and to blade tips (e.g. over-stressing).
Among other materials, FutureWrap is compatible with glass-fibre. Any wind turbine blades of a composite material construction that are damaged (through impacts, over-stressing etc.) can be repaired. FutureWrap is used by simply replacing any lost composite material with a new repair solution. The repair takes the form of a patch, negating the need for a full blade replacement.
ECS offers a full service provision for repairs. Blade removal is not necessary, with all ECS technicians being fully rope trained.
Features & Benefits:
- Requires no hot work permit
- Cost-effective and state of the art composites
- Corrosion resistant resulting in no maintenance requirements
- High temperature and chemical resistant
- High adhesion quality
- Speedy and cost-effective repair solution versus replacement
- Hand applied, flexibility of application
- Industry renowned technical support by Professor Simon Frost
- Can be applied in confined spaces
- Can be applied my means of rope access
- Only damaged areas required to be repaired
- Lightweight - ease of handling and transportation
- ECS and FutureWrap are committed and are at the forefront of composite innovations
- ECS can mobilise a fully independent team – no need for platform assistance
- ECS 24hr emergency response team
- 24/7 operational and technical support
- All FutureWrap repairs are tested and designed to ISO24817
- ECS warranty for up to 20 years
Please contact us for more information.